1. You know how great it is when your birthday lands on the weekend – it means no work, all play, and a leisurely start to the day! Nothing says “Canadian” like morning pancakes or waffles with some local Maple Syrup.
|PHOTO CREDIT: HARVEY E. MARTIN MAPLE SYRUP|
- Kitchener – Canada day or the day prior or after
- Waterloo – Canada day or on the 7 days prior or after
- Cambridge – Canada day or 2 days prior or after
- Guelph – Canada day or the day before
5. Organize a neighbourhood bike rally – set up a table to supply Canada themed bike decorations, including ribbons, stickers, garland, etc. and invite your neighbours to bring Canadian themed snacks and treats.
6. Dress yourself in your favourite red and whites! Check out Old Navy for some great Canadian themed garbs for every age.
- For around your neighbourhood, create a list of red, white, or Canadian flag items to be found, and have your players take photos as they uncover these items.
- Around your yard, hide red, white, and Canadian themed treats and prizes