Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Make Your Own Re-Usable Shopping Bags

Plastic shopping bags have harmful effects on our environment, and as a result of a more environmentally conscious society, most stores are now charging for plastic bags. Many stores will sell you their branded shopping bags, but what better way to get one that suits your style perfectly then to make one yourself!

My favourite pattern is from Morsbags.com. I started making these before Christmas as a cost-effective, environmentally friendly hostess gift for my holiday gatherings. Most get-togethers during the holidays are pot-luck style in which you're asked to bring an appetizer or dessert. I thought it would be a great idea to bring these goodies in a fabric bag that I could then leave for the host as a gift. They were so well-received that friends and family are constantly contacting me to get more!

The bags take no more than an hour to make, fabric prep and all, and fold up compact to fit easily into your purse. Check out www.morsbags.com for your pattern!

Dsc02116

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted.